Sunday, January 11, 2009

Former Students

Yesterday I had some free time all to myself. (Yes, it was wonderful! :)) So after finishing my floors, I spent some time looking around on some of my blogger friends' contacts. Anyways, I found a page of one of my former students, from when I taught fifth grade at Hobe Sound Christian Academy. She is a writer and has been published in a couple of magazines, but she recently signed a book deal with Steeple Hill. Possibly in October of this year, her first book will be published. It will be a Love Inspired Suspense called, Deja Vu. I don't have the opportunity to hear much about some of my former students, but I am very proud of Jenness (Peak) Walker. I will be anxiously awaiting her book's arrival.
It boggles my mind, and makes me quite aware of the awesome responsiblity of teaching my students the basics of learning, besides building character, and a love for God and His teachings & principles. You never know, with your students or your own children, what potential is wrapped up in them and what plans God has for each of them if they will follow Him. If any of my former students read this or someone knows about some of them, I would love to hear from you or directly from "my students".

2 comments:

Betty said...

I actually read her book and tried to offer any advice. Not sure I was very helpful. But it is a good book. She is a very talented writer. I look forward to seeing it published! I think you will enjoy it.

Anita Marie said...

Don't know if you recall me.
My name is Anita (Kerr) Dalkin. Michelle and I were friends at HSBC
and she stood in our wedding. Michelle called my Dad a few days ago
to get my phone number. And then she called us last evening. My
husband answered the phone and asked if she could call another day.
Unfortunately she had caught us in a very bad time. We had just put
our dog to sleep and are very upset. Would you mind calling her and explaining this to her? I would love to talk to her when I'm feeling more social. Would she mind if I had her number and called her when I'm ready? It would be cheaper for me to call her then her to call me here in England as we have special international phone rates.

My email address is amdalkin@gmail.com