The biggest event in the last couple of weeks is that Sharree passed her driver's test and is now a licensed driver. She received a perfect score on her driving & did excellent on the maneuverability portion (the only part she was a bit nervous about which is a great accomplishment for her-not being very nervous or worried).
Tonight she drove on her own (well her sister was with her) for the first time to church to practice a song for service tonight. As I waved to her as she drove off, I told Jeff that we were at a new chapter of life, to which he replied that he DID NOT like it. :)
We did some reminiscing of our own & remembered that we were not nervous at all driving on our own, but realized that our parents probably were. I did ask mom this evening if that was the case when I started driving on my own and she answered, "Yes!", though I wasn't surprised.
It seems like you get through one phase of life with your child and another is right there to take its place! So, as Jeff & I are quickly realizing.......... our babies are growing up!! AAAAHHH!!!!!
7 comments:
Wow! Hard to believe isn't it? Our kids are growing so fast. My oldest will 14 next month.
awww...that's sweet. lol... tell Sharree that I said congradulations!! ;)
Congrats!!! Shaelyn has agreed not get her license until she's 25! I'm so loving the agreement!
Congratulations, Sharree! I can't say that I'm really all that nervous for my students to start driving cause I think they are, for the most part, really responsible kids (of course when my own start, I will be scared to death...already am, and I have over 5 years before it happens!). Happy driving, and we'll pray that she is protected from all the other crazy drivers on the road...they're the ones that scare me! :)
It is very difficult to watch your two most precious possessions drive off together! When that happened to us recently, I didn't know whether to cry or pray!
:-) ~wendy
Congrats to Sharree!! I still cringe when Britt takes off in the car. There are way too many drivers down here to worry about. SCARY!!
Life is constantly changing with our kiddos. We never stop being mom and dad-even after their married! I think we'll always worry and feel the need for extra prayer at times!
Post a Comment