Then the following week we left for Hobe Sound, FL for Hobe Sound Bible College Welcome Week. We left on Monday and I drove the girls & their friend Ashley to Iva, SC to my cousin's home. We got to spend the evening with them but left the next morning. We had a nice time together, especially since it has been about 3yrs. since we have gotten to see each other. We also stayed with them overnight on the way back from Florida. I gave them a 10-star hotel rating, too!!!
Sunday, April 3, 2011
March Happenings
Kerri went to student convention again a few weeks ago (March 7-11) and did a great job in some of the events she entered. The picture below (sorry it's blurry) won her 1st place in color scenic!! :) Of course, taking a picture of a picture never does the original justice but the color & details were wonderful!
She also received 2nd place for her Noah's Ark clay sculpture below. She bought a book last fall with instructions for making this and I'm hoping she makes another one clay project from it next year because they are so cute! Kerri also did a Power Point presentation about the brain with her friend, Ashley, and they were awarded 2nd place for that as well.
There is a shadow at the top of her woodworking project, but she won 3rd place in its category! :)
Then the following week we left for Hobe Sound, FL for Hobe Sound Bible College Welcome Week. We left on Monday and I drove the girls & their friend Ashley to Iva, SC to my cousin's home. We got to spend the evening with them but left the next morning. We had a nice time together, especially since it has been about 3yrs. since we have gotten to see each other. We also stayed with them overnight on the way back from Florida. I gave them a 10-star hotel rating, too!!!
Kerri, Ashley, Lauren, & Sharree
The girls enjoying Scattergories. If the sound of laughter was any indication, they had a great time together! :)
The above two pictures were taken at Blowing Rocks Preserve in FL. This was the first time Ashley got to see the great Atlantic, so we enjoyed an afternoon at the beach. We had a great time walking the beach............but I forgot how "potent" the Florida sun could be.............and we got............FRIED. :( At any rate, we survived & looked healthy from our tans/burns when we got home. :)
Then the following week we left for Hobe Sound, FL for Hobe Sound Bible College Welcome Week. We left on Monday and I drove the girls & their friend Ashley to Iva, SC to my cousin's home. We got to spend the evening with them but left the next morning. We had a nice time together, especially since it has been about 3yrs. since we have gotten to see each other. We also stayed with them overnight on the way back from Florida. I gave them a 10-star hotel rating, too!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
absolutely LOVE the noah's ark. She did a great job. Enjoyed this post!
Fortunately, I see you every day and don't have to depend on your blog posts to know whether or not you are still alive...heehee!
Kerri did an awesome job on her entries! The clay was especially cute, but I know how difficult it is to get 1st place in color scenic! Glad you had a fun trip to FL...you deserved a break! :)
Ahhh! I LOVE the Noah's Ark sculpture! She did such a great job on it! :) Also, I am TOTALLY envious of your trip! One of these days... I will go to Florida! :)
Good job, Kerri!! I, too, love the Noah's Ark! :) Too cute!
Post a Comment