Jeff's tradition of mangling my manger scene: The kneeling wiseman is holding a purse, the wiseman behind him is wearing a bike helmet, & the 3rd the wiseman has scuba goggles over his face; Joseph has a rifle over his shoulder with a blue cowboy hat on his head, Mary has an apron on, and the shephard in the back has a bridal veil on. The camel on the left is wearing a visor and the donkey on the right is carrying oxygen tanks. :)Well it's that time of year again: getting out the Christmas decorations! My in-laws are coming for Thanksgiving, so I want to get my decorating out of the way this week, so I can enjoy their visit (As a side note, I look forward to Jeff's parents coming, because they are wonderful people and we always enjoy our time with them).
I sweet talked Jeff into putting up our outside lights on Thursday, since it was in the upper 50s. He doesn't like to put them up when it is actually "Christmas" weather. When he came home Friday, the dog decided that the extension cord looked like an awesome chew toy, so he pulled the extension cord from the lights and chewed off the plug-in end. Then, Kerri reminded us that we didn't use the extension cords last year because we thought Zeus would chew them up. Oh, the memory of teenagers :) ! Anyways, we'll have to re-rig (a Marea word) them to my outside lights.
Jeff says that I like my traditions and things done/decorated a certain way (which I do), but he does as well. The picture above of my manger scene is a "tradition" of Jeff's, as well as mangling tree branches as we put our tree together. Thank goodness that he has not done one of his traditions for the last couple of years: hiding all of my Christmas CDs and tapes!!
Anyways, as Thanksgiving and Christmas are coming quickly upon us, I hope all of you enjoy your Christmas decorating and any memories you make with your family!
P.S. To my brother: I remember our tradition of decorating at 12:00 & 1 second (a.m.) on December 1st, since dad said we couldn't decorate for Christmas until December 1st. It was always lots of fun. :)
4 comments:
I know-it's feeling like time to get the decorations out and hang the lights! I must confess, I have found a station that's playing Christmas music all the time now and I've listened to that some! I don't like to rush though and forget Thanksgiving so I'll have to hold off a little longer.(sigh)
Let us know when you get to come to the mall and we'll make it a point to meet up one way or the other. We're actually only 20 mins. from the mall.
The unique manger scene is "So Jeff"! Ha! Love it!!
Mel
Sounds like you have your hands full trying to keep that husband in line while you try to decorate. HA! I admit I am starting to get the fever to do Christmas. It's actually quite cool tonight. It's down in the 50's. We need the heat on before going to bed. I don't have the traditional address. But it is 9562 SE Jordan Way,33455 . I need to start thinking of getting cards together. Uggh, such work! Enjoy your time with jeff's family!
Haha I love Jeff's tradition! Awesome idea, and so heart-felt...
Post a Comment