Sunday, November 2, 2008

Cookware

I am in the process of looking for some new pots & pans. I have given up on Tefelon (nonstick)coated pans, since the last set (Phillip Richard) I got started warping and loosing its coating within 6mths. I have narrowed down my choices to a stainless steel with copper band set or an anodized set. I would like to know what my friends and family use and I would like to hear your opinions. For those who don't have a blogger account you can email me at: jeffmareapouzar@bright.net
Thanks for your help!!! :)

5 comments:

Maresa said...

I would say stainless steele anyday! I hate tefelon myself. they just aren't what they are cracked up to be. good luck in whatever you decide.

Betty said...

I still use a few Teflon pans I like, but My dream would be to have the Calaphon pan set. I did buy one individual pan to try it out first before I would spend mega bucks on the set. I do like the pan. But haven't quite decided I'm ready to part with such a chunk of money!

The Youngs said...

Rea, I use stainless steel all the time and I love it! I think it is the best.

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

I still use the same ole nonstick skillets. My husband has a stainless steele that he loves to cook in. Now that we have it broken in it is really nice. It's a larger skillet and we just spray it with Pam each time we use it and it always cleans up easy. I would definately go for the stainless steel. You won't be sorry.

mrstcd said...

Hey Marea--I personally love an iron skillet. Use alot of oil at first to help season it-once it's seasoned well there's nothing like it for cooking. My other choice is stainless steel with a heavy bottom.