Sunday, March 8, 2009

Youth party

The teen Sunday School class & sponsors getting ready to enjoy some pizza!
Round-table pingpong (I think that is what it was called).

Mmm. Yummy dessert??!!!
One of the sponsors at the party (we won't mention any names, Wendy) made this dessert dish with her daughter: a kitty litter box. It looks like the real thing, but it was quite delicious! It was a carrot cake with a cream cheese mixture over it, cool whip whipped with pumpkin, and crumbled vanilla oreos with a touch of blue food coloring on top. The "turds" (which I don't think anyone ate-surprise, surprise) were made from rolled up brownies (I think). At any rate, there was lots of groans of disgust and laughter over the dessert. :)
The teens were being rewarded for a Sunday School Bible reading contest. They received a point for every verse they read from January 1 - March 1st. Then people from the church bought or gave money for various prizes they could buy at an auction that was held. They had many neat prizes: tools, candy, gift-cards, digital frames, soaps/shampoos, books, scrapbooking items, etc.
We had a great evening together!!

2 comments:

Adam & Val & Aubrey & Annie said...

ewwww! Mom was telling me about this dessert the other night. Only Wendy! ha Looks like you had a great turn-out!

laurie said...

I remember playing round table ping pong ages ago. I don't know if I could play now. It's been 20 plus years.