Sunday, September 14, 2008

Scrapbooking commencement :)





Well, after stating for 4 or more years that I'd like to start scrapbooking, I have finally begun. I guess the saying, "The hardest part about some things is just getting started", is true. It only took me 1 1/2 hrs. to create my first "masterpiece". At this rate, I figure I'll die before I get all my pictures scrapbooked. Hopefully with time the speed factor will increase. I have been trying to remember some of the awesome page layouts my sister-in-law, Melody, and my friend, Stacey, (both avid scrappers) have created. I suppose reaching my monumental age helps with the lack of that wonderful ability: remembering. Oh, well. I like my first page and I know I am going to enjoy scrapping. However, now I'm feeling "the need" to go to Hobby Lobby and the Scrapbook store, which are both in the same strip mall - how convenient! :)

5 comments:

Maresa said...

your first page looks great! It's very addicting. Melody got me into it too and it's really gotten out of hand.HA I'm sure I will be dead before all my pictures get done too. Try having six kids to keep up with.LOL I am finally starting Skyler's and have a total of 7 pages done in his.I think MaKalah has 7 albums so far and they are stuffed full.Good luck though. I love to see others pages. Keep posting them. Have great week.

The Youngs said...

Hey Rea, welcome to blog land! I didn't realize you were not a scrapbooker. I have been scrapbooking since Ashley was born, 8 yrs. ago, (wow I'm getting old.) I just figured out the other day I have completed 8 albums. It is very addicting. It is a source of stress relief for me. I also like your first page. Tell Jeff and the girls I said Hi! Love ya Christine

Anita Marie said...

Hello! I found your blog through Rob and Mel. It's been a long time. This is Anita (Kerr) Dalkin now living in southern England. Michelle and I were friends in college. I haven't heard from her in a while. Hope all is okay. Your girls sure have grown up. Time flies. You are welcome to check out our blog at http://gadalkin.blogspot.com/

Wendy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendy said...

So cool that you are blogging! I am becoming a blog reading addict! I just wanted to compliment you on your scrapbook page! You did a great job and looks like you are a seasoned scrapbookie. Maybe you can count the 4 years it took to get started as experience!