Now before any of you start wondering about my oldest, she was completing some projects for her home economics class. This part of her course dealt with children & child care. So, my finger painted flower is displayed on my refrigerator just like the good 'ole days when the girls were younger. :)
Since today is Mother's Day, I am thankful for my two daughters-without them, I wouldn't be celebrating Mother's Day from my end. Now I don't get pictures to hang on the refrigerator or dandelion bouquets anymore (well, I do from my school kiddos), but I do enjoy the newer "gifts" from my girls: help w/ chores, shopping dates, stay-up-late video nights, ... Then, later on, I am sure I will enjoy other special moments with them as they become adult young ladies & possibly mother's themselves.
The more Mother's Days I celebrate, the more I appreciate my mom! As I get older, I realize more & more what a great mom I have & count her as one of my friends. I think as children we never really appreciate the sacrifice, time, love, shelter, encouragment, counsel, .............. that a mom gives during her children's childhood. Now that I am older, I "see" things a bit more clearly, which makes me love my mom even more! So, Happy Mother's Day, Mom and to all of my blogger friends who are moms (or read my blogs)!
No comments:
Post a Comment