Sunday, May 3, 2009

Signs of Spring


To me, the blooming of my lilacs & the blossoming of my strawberries means that Spring is officially here. Lilacs, I think, are my favorite flower. They smell wonderful, though only in their real format- candles/perfumes do a disservice to the scent!!! We have 6 bushes growing at the end of our property line, so they can grow big & beautiful.
I am hoping my strawberries will do better than they have in the last couple of years. I may have to buy a new "infusion" of plants to give the older ones a boost. The stores sold strawberries last week for a decent price & they weren't too bad tasting, but nothing beats fresh strawberries for shortcake & pie!

1 comment:

Melody R said...

Love your Lilacs!! I do hope you have a great birthday! I'm real sorry about the card, it just didn't make it to the mailbox! :(
Hope your day tomorrow is terrific!
We love you!

Mel