Sunday, June 7, 2009

Farmer's Market

Mini Banana Bread Loaves

Peanut-butter chocolate-chip cookies & Banana oatmeal chocolate-chip cookies

Coffee cakes, blueberry pies, & apple crumb pies
Well, the girls & I did our first Farmer's Market session. We baked Thursday evening and Friday afternoon & evening. We were quite tired by the time we were done, but satisfied with the results of our baking frenzy. We started out with a small amount because we just did not know what to expect. We sold 7 out of 10 dozen cookies, 2 out of 4 banana bread loaves, 3 out of 4 coffee cakes, & 1 out of 4 pies. The day was a beautiful day (70s w/a breeze) and we met many fine people. We were a bit disappointed with our sales but we ended up at the end of the line of vendors/sellers and were told that it was a very slow day. So, we have revamped a few of our plans: set up earlier, pass out samples, & decorate/display a bit differently. Hopefully, people will come to like our products and the amount of people will increase during market hours. If not, I will be gaining instead of losing weight this summer. :( At any rate, my girls shouldn't have much opportunity to say they are bored this summer. :)

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Your baked goods look so yummy! Your girls did a great job, and hopefully we both will sell more this weekend!

Melody R said...

Wishing you the best this coming weekend! Hopefully you will sell more:) When word gets out of how yummy things are you should be very busy!!!

Greg & Stephanie said...

Had the Burleys been in town this weekend, your sales may have been a little better! Ha! Now I suppose you are all practiced up for the bake sale this weekend! See you in the a.m. - I definitely didn't get my work all finished. :(

The Youngs said...

Everything looks sooooo... yummy. I hope you do better next time.

Jason and Renee' said...

Jason's grandma bought some of the cookies and he tasted them and said they were awesome!!!

Betty said...

Everything looks yummy! And I am so hungry right now, I could eat everything there.Drool!Keep it up- word will get out!