Monday, June 22, 2009

Fathers

Just want everyone to know what a great dad, my hubby is to our girls. He & the girls enjoy doing many things together, even though they are teenagers now. The teenage years can be times when parents & children drift apart, but I am thankful that this hasn't happened in our house (& hopefully won't). The only thing I can think of that the girls don't do with Jeff anymore is visit the toy department. It has something to do with the way their dad acts, if you could imagine!! :) He doesn't think of himself as being overly sucessful, but as I tell him, he takes GOOD care of us in providing for our needs & wants. :)
Then, there is my dad. I am thankful for a dad who loves his family, loves God, & cares for the people around him: extended family & his church family. He & mom will be coming out Wednesday & staying for 10 days. I am so looking forward to it since I haven't seen them since last summer!!!
Then, last but not least, there is my father-in-law. He is an awesome father-in-law, too, and that should spell it out! I know I have mentioned it before, but when you hear about some of the horror stories of in-laws, it makes me doubly thankful for mine! We have a great relationship & enjoy our times together. In fact, I received a set of handmade, outdoor, wooden chairs from my dad-in-law painted my favorite color-blue! :)
So, Happy Father's Day to my three favorite dads: Jeff, my dad, & Jeff's dad!!
(Please note, I/we did already tell them this, I am just late posting my blog. Just want the blog world to know how much we love them!)

No comments: