Zachary
Hannah, Isaac, & Caleb
Mike, Michelle, & Randy
Randall, Rodney, & Ryan
Evan, Kaitlynn, Ryan, & Allison
On Wednesday, our students went caroling at four senior facilities. They presented the songs from their Christmas program and then caroled up & down the hallways. The different places were beautifully decorated, and I especially liked the tree & life-sized Santa at one of them (the backdrop of the family group pictures above). One of the students mentioned that he liked caroling at all the places, because then it didn't feel like he practiced countless hours for our school program for one night/one performance. All of the places we visited thanked the students for sharing with them, so I believe this may have been the start of a new tradition for our school students. :)
The lobby of one of the places we visited.
On Wednesday, our students went caroling at four senior facilities. They presented the songs from their Christmas program and then caroled up & down the hallways. The different places were beautifully decorated, and I especially liked the tree & life-sized Santa at one of them (the backdrop of the family group pictures above). One of the students mentioned that he liked caroling at all the places, because then it didn't feel like he practiced countless hours for our school program for one night/one performance. All of the places we visited thanked the students for sharing with them, so I believe this may have been the start of a new tradition for our school students. :)
3 comments:
Marea,
What a wonderful tradition to start! Having worked in a nursing center for 11 years, I can tell you that caroling and children are the absolute hightlight for many of the residents in these centers. It really makes their holiday!!
Good for you! So glad to see that you did this:)
Mel
Looks like fun! Guess you'll have to keep it up!
How fun. I always loved to go Christmas Caroling. It's always nice to go where it's warm versus being outside in 20 degree weather. Looks like you had a great turnout. Have fun.
Post a Comment