Sunday, February 8, 2009

FRIENDS

Friends. What a wonderful word! I am very thankful for my friends: new, long-time, near, far, intimate, etc. I do not want to ever take my friends for granted because my world would be quite "yukky" without them. It is a blessing to have friends to share my joys, frustrations, concerns, fears, discoveries, & the blond moments :) of life with them. I have some friends from high school and college days (25 years+) that when I talk with them via phone or in person, it does not seem that we have been apart and our conversations seem to pick up from where we last left off. I have newer friends since our move to Ohio (it's been about 14 years since we've moved here) and cherish their friendship just as much. It is nice having them close by, so I think I'm going to start making "play dates" with them. That is one thing I miss the most- going shopping or just doing something- with a friend, since most of us have families to take care of, live a bit from each other, and have work obligations.
Now you may be wondering why I have been going on about friendship. Well, my daughters have each had some of their friends from church over recently (Kerri's a couple of weeks ago & Sharree's today) and I am thankful that they are cultivating some lasting friendships with some awesome young ladies. Life is so much easier to navigate through, when you have a friend beside you and I feel it is a double blessing when that friend is on the "same page" as you.
So to all my friends and family (those that I know read this our my friends besides :)), I want you to know that I thank God for you and try to remember each of you in my prayers every day.


Kerri's buds: Evangelyn & Lindsay
Sharree's buds: Heather, Christianna, & Jennifer. (sorry the picture is a bit dark)





3 comments:

mrstcd said...

Nice post, Marea. It's especially nice to have good, decent friends for your girls. That makes a world of difference for them.
Makes me stop to think of my friends, too.

Greg & Stephanie said...

Yay! I think I'm one of your friends! :) I agree with you...friends make our lives complete, and it really does matter that our true friends share our values and "sharpen" us as people. Great post!

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

What a time we had those long ago days in the dorm. I still remember so many things we did or said like it was yesterday. It has been so good to get "reacquainted" via the Internet these past few months. I still consider you a very dear friend. This is a great post!!