Sunday, October 19, 2008

FALL

My beautiful girls.
Our friend, Wendy, took some family pictures for us at our house yesterday. Thanks, Wendy!!

Beautiful fall colors.


Our little fall nook.


Friday I gave a challenge to our school students to think of something they were thankful for, everyday until Thanksgiving. I told them I would be asking them occasionally and they could ask me. I think I am going to pass out calendars so we can keep track and find something different to be thankful for each day.

Yesterday, I was thankful for Saturdays: sleeping in a bit, catching up on household chores, relaxing with my family or friends, etc. Today, I am thankful for fall, hence the fall pictures above. We had our first frost last night and the air is a bit chilly, but it truly seems like fall now. I love the colors-red, orange, yellow, rust-and am always looking for those "special" trees that are just spectacular. I have done this with my girls since they were little, so now they make sure they point out those "special" trees as well.

At any rate, HAPPY FALL to all my friends and family!!!!! :)



5 comments:

Maresa said...

Hi Marea, Thnks for the comment on my blog. If you will just click on whatever it is you like it will usually go straight to the web page for whatever downloads. Example: glitter graphics, hot comments, ect.Soetimes I see something I like on someone elses blog so I just click on it and it take me right where I need to go. have fun. Sometimes it's still hard to figure out. Good luck

Melody R said...

Love the family pictures! Our trees are not real pretty yet but should be here soon. We haven't had our first frost yet. Have a great autumn!!

Mel

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

Hey girl. I love the pictures. You have two very pretty girls. Thanks for sharing your fall leaves with us since we don't get to have them here...lol. This is one time of the year that I miss being in the North. Blessings.

Anita Marie said...

Nice family picture in the leaves.

Adam & Val & Aubrey & Annie said...

Love the pics! Enjoy your beautiful weather...I'm wishing it away so Christmas will hurry and get here!! (at least Dec. 12) =)